- Changing TFS 2010 servers or changing TFS 2010 collections?
- Changing to a different source control other than TFS 2010?
The following steps will explain how to remove the associated TFS bindings from a Visual Studio 2010 solution and project files.
- Remove the .vssscc file from the solutions root folder.
- Right-Click on the solution and select Properties. Uncheck the Read-Only checkbox.
- Open the solution file with notepad (textpad, notepad++, etc).
- Remove the following node within the file,
GlobalSection(TeamFoundationVersionControl) = preSolution
- In every project within the solution, open the project folder and delete the .vspscc file
- Done. You can now take this code base and move it to another repository or SCM tool.
Thanks to Vitaly Zayko for originally posting the steps for this process.
Leave a comment